Everyone who works at our company agrees: At Koppert you are regarded as an individual. Our company has grown into an international business over the past 50 years, but despite its international character, Koppert remains a family company in which cooperation and respect for people and the environment is important. The company is developing fast, so we are keen to draw people who will play a role in its further growth. There is much room for personal input from colleagues. At Koppert we work together.
Koppert employees have many opportunities to develop their careers. Koppert is recognized as a training company in many fields. To develop your career within the company, Koppert has developed an internal career policy. New vacancies are preferably filled internally. Koppert feels it is important that its staff continue to develop and urges its employees to make use of internal and external training and courses. Our staff makes good use of these opportunities. At Koppert you work on your career.
We are actively seeking talented individuals that can add value to our organization. If you are interested in working with us but you don't see a vacancy for you, please send your CV along with a cover letter stating how you can make a difference in our company to firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission to work and live in Canada is required.
Thank you for your interest in being part of the Koppert team!
Technical Consultant (Crop Protection) – Niagara Region
Koppert Biological Systems is a worldwide leader in the production and distribution of beneficial insects, bumblebees and microbial products. Together with growers and in partnership with nature, we work to make agriculture and horticulture healthier, safer, more productive and resilient.
The Canadian subsidiary, Koppert Canada Limited has three offices across Canada and is rapidly growing. If you are interested in joining our team, we have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Consultant position based in Niagara, Ontario.
The successful candidate will report to the East Region Commercial Manager and will join a dynamic team of employees who support each other to provide sustainable crop protection and pollination solutions across multiple agricultural sectors. The Technical Consultant role is responsible for technical support, sales and market development within the designated territory. This position is primarily focused in a high value controlled agricultural environment (greenhouse/indoor facilities producing vegetables, cannabis and ornamental crops) with occasional work in outdoor crops.
- Providing technical support on Koppert products and Integrated Pest Management programs via on site visits, phone, text, email etc. in assigned territory.
- Building strong relationships with current and potential clients.
- New account acquisition via lead follow-ups and developing relationships with target clients as assigned in territory.
- Attending trade shows, exhibitions, grower meetings, and seminars in person and/or online as needed to develop territory.
- Travel as required within territory and occasional travel both nationally and internationally.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Graduate of a Post-Secondary Institution (College or University) in sciences related studies. Horticultural, Agriculture and/or Business focus is an asset.
- Minimum two years work experience in relatable field.
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written.
- Ability to travel by vehicle or commercial transportation to other offices, meeting locations, customer farms, attend training, or management gatherings as directed. A valid Driver’s License is required.
- Intermediate/Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Adept at utilizing smart phone technologies; text, photo sharing, messenger groups etc.
- This position involves working part of the time in a remote office environment and part of the time out of the office in client facilities.
- This position requires the physically ability to endure outdoor or indoor climates including hot or cold extremes and walking on uneven surfaces. Regular exposure to pollinators (bumblebees).
Compensation and Benefits
- A highly competitive salary and incentive program
- Company vehicle
- Excellent benefits package
- RRSP savings program
As Koppert Canada Limited provides essential products and services, we take the COVID-19 pandemic seriously. Our offices are only staffed with essential workers, as required, in order to complete certain job duties and functions that cannot be completed remotely. Our COVID-19 management team is constantly reviewing all federal and provincial health and safety guidelines to minimize any potential risk for exposure in the workplace. Office air and surfaces are disinfected on a continual basis and we have a mandatory mask policy outside of individual workstations. Staff are not asked to work in high exposure/risk situations. Personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, hand sanitizer etc.) is supplied to all staff. Due the current situation surrounding the global pandemic, all initial interviews will be conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams.
For immediate consideration send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants. However, we will only contact those who are considered as candidates for the position.
Koppert Canada Limited is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify Koppert Canada Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.