Everyone who works at our company agrees: At Koppert you are regarded as an individual. Our company has grown into an international business over the past 50 years, but despite its international character, Koppert remains a family company in which cooperation and respect for people and the environment is important. The company is developing fast, so we are keen to draw people who will play a role in its further growth. There is much room for personal input from colleagues. At Koppert we work together.
Koppert employees have many opportunities to develop their careers. Koppert is recognized as a training company in many fields. To develop your career within the company, Koppert has developed an internal career policy. New vacancies are preferably filled internally. Koppert feels it is important that its staff continue to develop and urges its employees to make use of internal and external training and courses. Our staff makes good use of these opportunities. At Koppert you work on your career.
Quality Control Technician – Leamington
Koppert Biological Systems is a worldwide leader in the production and distribution of beneficial insects, bumblebees and microbial products. Together with growers and in partnership with nature, we work to make agriculture and horticulture healthier, safer, more productive and resilient.
The Canadian subsidiary, Koppert Canada Limited has three offices across Canada and is rapidly growing. If you are interested in joining our team, we have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Control Technician, based in Leamington, Ontario.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Scientific Development & Quality Assurance and will join a dynamic team of employees who support each other to provide sustainable crop protection and pollination solutions across multiple agricultural sectors. The Quality Control Technician role is responsible for quality control, sample submissions, complaints management, quick checks, and scientific development and/or quality assurance trials. This position is primarily focused in a laboratory and office environment.
- Routine quality control activities on all incoming and outgoing beneficial insects, including laboratory testing and analysis.
- Receiving and preparing samples from Technical Consultants and clients, for submission to internal and external laboratories.
- Performing quick checks on incoming shipments including micro, macro and pollinators.
- Carrying out field and laboratory scale trials as directed by Head of SD & QA.
- Travel as required within region and occasional travel nationally.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Graduate of a Post-Secondary Institution in sciences related studies is required
- Entomological, IPM and/or Horticultural/Agricultural focus is an asset.
- Minimum two years work experience in relatable field.
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written.
- Experience operating and maintaining laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Intermediate/Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrated attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to travel by vehicle or commercial transportation to other offices, meeting locations, farms, or attend training as directed. A valid driver’s license is required.
- This position involves working part of the time in an office, laboratory and occasional work remotely and in the field/at greenhouse facilities.
- This position will require the physical ability to endure outdoor or indoor climates including hot or cold extremes and walking on uneven surfaces and exposure to pollinators (bumblebees) when visiting facilities.
Compensation and Benefits
- A highly competitive salary
- Incentive program
- Excellent benefits package
- RRSP savings program
- Computer and Cell Phone
As Koppert Canada Limited provides essential products and services, we take the COVID-19 pandemic seriously. Our offices are only staffed with essential workers, as required, in order to complete certain job duties and functions that cannot be completed remotely. Our COVID-19 management team is constantly reviewing all federal and provincial health and safety guidelines to minimize any potential risk for exposure in the workplace. Office air and surfaces are disinfected on a continual basis and we have a mandatory mask policy outside of individual workstations. Staff are not asked to work in high exposure/risk situations. Personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, hand sanitizer etc.) is supplied to all staff. Due the current situation surrounding the global pandemic, all initial interviews will be conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams.
For immediate consideration send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants. However, we will only contact those who are considered as candidates for the position.
Koppert Canada Limited is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify Koppert Canada Limited at email@example.com and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.