When to use Thripor-I?
Use Thripor-I for the biological pest control of various species of thrips (larvae and adults). When thrips is absent, Orius can also survive on aphids, spider mites, butterfly eggs and pollen.
How it works
How does Thripor-I work?
Adults and nymphs pierce thrips larvae and adults with their sucking mouthparts and suck out the contents.
The information given below is merely indicative. Tailored advice can be provided if information is available on the local factors that need to be taken into account, such as the crop, the climate conditions and the level of infestation. For the correct approach, please consult a Koppert specialist or a recognized distributor of Koppert products.
|Thripor-I||preventive||light curative||heavy curative|
|Remarks||once only in crops with pollen||-||introduce in infested areas only|
Directions for use
- Shake bottle gently before use
- Spread material on clean rock wool slabs, leaves and/or in application boxes (Dibox)
- Apply in groups of 75-100 insects in order to establish a population and encourage mating. In this way it is possible to check on reproduction
- Make sure the material remains undisturbed in the introduction site for a few days
- Peel-off label can be used to mark the location of the product’s introduction
Orius lays a large proportion of its eggs in (side) shoots. Avoid unnecessary loss of these eggs by applying Thripor directly after removing side shoots.
Find out which pesticides have side effects on this product
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store Thripor-I, please follow the instructions below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 8-10°C/47-50°F
- In the dark (bottles horizontally)
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."