When to use Viridis Pro?
Use Viridis PRO to strengthen and enhance the growth of turf grass for golf courses (greens, tees, fairways), sports turf, sod production and lawns. The beneficial bacteria in this combination fertilizer-protector increase nutrient availability by fixing nitrogen and solubilizing phosphorus in the soil and improve disease resistance by secreting substances that suppress soil-borne pathogens and by outcompeting them for space and nutrients.
How it works
How does Viridis Pro work?
Viridis PRO is composed of PGPR (Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria) from the genus Bacillus that interact with turf grass, resulting in:
- Colonization of the turf root system (rhizosphere).
- Production of the phytohormones auxin and gibberellin, which directly activate grass growth.
- Increased bioavailability of essential elements.
- The bacteria in Viridis PRO increase the solubilization of phosphates and also allow better absorption of N, K, Fe, Ca and Mg.
- Facilitated grass growth under stress conditions, such as high salinity and poor soil quality.
Directions for use
Application Viridis PRO
- Shake well before using the concentrated product.
- Fill the fertilizer spray tank halfway with water and add Viridis PRO concentrate while stirring, then adjust to the required final volume with more water.
- Use immediately after diluting to working concentration—Do not store for later use.
- Do not mix with antibiotics, peroxides, quaternary ammonium, hypochlorites or any other antibacterial products.
- Do not mix and do not apply the same day with other products without first consulting the manufacturer or distributor regarding compatibility.
- Test the effect on a small number of samples before use; Results may vary from one site to another.
- Apply the Viridis PRO working solution as a spray for good, even wetting.
- Repeat applications every 7–28 days; in unfavourable conditions, repeat weekly.
- Apply the solution to wet the soil just before laying down the sod, or wet intensely after sod installation.
- Treat seeds directly by spraying or using a seed inoculation system; Compatible with other microbial inoculants.
Viridis PRO can be mixed with compatible liquid fertilizers (including concentrates) or applied (impregnation) on granular fertilizer.
- Contact a Koppert consultant for compatibility information before combining Viridis PRO with fertilizers.
- Mix or apply Viridis PRO to the fertilizer at a concentration that will ensure a correct final dosage of product is applied to the grass.
Best working conditions Viridis PRO
Maintain Viridis PRO between 2–25°C / 35–77°F for best results.
Pesticides can have (in)direct effects on biological solutions. Find out which pesticides have side effects on this product.
Beneficial bacteria have a limited shelf life and, therefore, should not be stored for long periods of time or in areas with highly variable or extreme temperatures. Store Viridis PRO concentrate between 2–25°C / 35–77°F. Koppert Canada is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer and/or under different conditions than recommended.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."