When to use Aphidalia?
Use Aphidalia for the biological pest control of many species/stages of aphids. Aphidalia in cotton bags is used specifically for application in trees.
How it works
How does Aphidalia work?
Adult lady birds and larvae eat the aphids completely. Eggs are laid in aphid colonies. After emerging the larvae will search for aphids. Reproduction is not expected.
The information given below is merely indicative. Tailored advice can be provided if information is available on the local factors that need to be taken into account, such as the crop, the climate conditions and the level of infestation. For the correct approach, please consult a Koppert specialist or a recognized distributor of Koppert products.
|Aphidalia||preventive||light curative||heavy curative|
|Remarks||-||Introduce in infested areas only||Introduce in infested areas only|
Directions for use
In trees lining avenues
- Open the bag and attach it with a nail or wire stitch on the tree near the first branch
- For heavy infestations and a large amount of twigs, apply more bags
- Apply 1 bag per 25 cm diameter of the stem of the tree, maximum 3 bags per tree
In the greenhouse
- Apply the product on infested leaves
- For heavy curative treatments, apply some material where most aphids are
- The product can also be applied via Dibox applicators
Find out which pesticides have side effects on this product
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store Aphidalia, please follow the instructions below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 8-10°C/47-50°F
- In the dark
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."