When to use Drososan?
Use Drososan traps and with a fruit fly attractant as soon as the first fruit fly is seen to monitor and trap Drosophila suzukii en masse before any fruit damage occurs.
How do Drososan work?
Drososan traps baited with attractant solution function as a killing traps for spotted-wing drosophila. They attract and draw in adult flies, which fly into the trap through the black grid and then drown in the liquid attractant. The black grid has been specially designed to prevent the entry and accidental capture of larger, beneficial insects.
Comment utiliser Drososan ?
- Fill the trap with approximately 200ml of attractant solution and hang it by the enclosed hook on a branch or post.
- Hang the traps in the shady, cooler side of the crop to avoid rapid evaporation of the luring solution.
- If possible, hang the traps close to areas where flies are likely to congregate.
- Distribute traps along the borders of the field, in the rows, and in the center of the field.
- For low crops, hang the traps at least one meter above soil level.
- For high crops, hang the traps at the same level as the crop.
- The attractant solution should be replaced when it is filled with a large number of flies or if it has evaporated; reassess weekly.
Best working conditions Drososan
Install Drososan traps as soon as temperatures exceed 10°C, coinciding with the first flight of adult fruit flies and the beginning of fruit development. For best results, make sure to install the traps before fruit begins to colour and ripen.
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store Atheta, please follow the instructions below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer and/or under different conditions than recommended.
- Store at room temperature.