When to use Mycotal?
Mycotal is used for the biological pest control of whitefly larvae.
Check the label to see in which countries Mycotal is registered to use.
How it works
How does Mycotal work?
Mycotal is effective through direct contact, and under the right environmental conditions, kills larvae after 7-10 days. Applications must target larvae and pupae.
After spraying, the spores germinate and grow, producing hyphae that penetrate the body cavity, where they proliferate, destroying the tissues. The fungus then grows through the insect cuticle and produces spores on the outside of the cadaver, which may spread the infection to other white fly.
Mycotal is sold in polythene bags of 500 grams with a cardboard outer casing.
Formulation: Water dispersible granule (WG)
Concentration: 1x1010 spores /gram
Directions for use
Preparation of solution:
- Mix the required amount of Mycotal with water (15-20°C) stir into a slurry in a bucket. Use 3-4 litres of water per 500 grams of Mycotal
- Fill the spray tank with the required amount of water
- Empty the slurry into the spray tank and stir thoroughly
- Spray immediately after preparation
Repeat applications (up to 4 times) may be necessary, at the specified interval, to treat new larvae as they emerge and break the pest lifecycle.
Make sure to keep stirring the spray liquid.
The information given below is merely indicative. Tailored advice can be provided if information is available on the local factors that need to be taken into account, such as the crop, the climate conditions and the level of infestation. For the correct approach, please consult a Koppert specialist or a recognized distributor of Koppert products.
|Mycotal||preventive||light curative||heavy curative|
Best working conditions Mycotal
A successful performance of Mycotal depends on the suitability of the temperature, relative humidity conditions under the crop cover and the timing of application. The following minimum conditions are required:
- Mycotal requires a temperature of 18-30°C and an average relative humidity of 70% for several days after application.
- Spray during the late afternoon and early evening, directing the spray onto the undersides of the leaves and to the growing points.
- Thorough leaf (undersurface) coverage is essential for the best results for white fly control. Use high volume spraying equipment
- Avoid non-compatible fungicide treatments
Find out which pesticides have side effects on this product
Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Shelf life: see package for expiry date
- Storage temperature: between 2 ºC -6 ºC
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
"The general conditions of Koppert (Koppert B.V. and/or of its affiliated companies) apply. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements. Koppert cannot be held liable for unauthorized use. Koppert is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions."