Delphastus catalinae (predatory beetle).
Contents: 1,000 predatory beetles (adults) in buckwheat hulls.
Combats Greenhouse whitefly (Trialeurodes vaporariorum) and cotton whitefly (Bemisia tabaci), all phases, with a preference for eggs and larvae.
• Rotate/shake gently before use
• Introduce in a Dibox or on the leaf (gerbera)
• Apply in a cluster
• Deploy in the morning or in the evening
Climate conditionsMinimum temperature 20°C, optimum temperature 22-30°C.
Storage and treatment
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Storing them for a period can have a negative impact on their quality and is only possible under the conditions described below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
• Useable life: 1-2 days in the dark (keep the bottle horizontal)
• Storage temperature: 12-14°C
• The predatory beetles need sufficient food (whitefly eggs) in order to reproduce
• The beetles can play dead by pulling in their legs and head
• Activity can be confirmed by the presence of yellow excrement on the underside of the leaf
AppearanceAdult: 1.5 mm long, black, females have a brown head
Larvae are greyish white
EffectsAdults and larvae eat large numbers of whitefly eggs and larvae. They bite them open and suck them dry.
Visible effectIf an egg, larva or pupa has been sucked out by a beetle, only the outer casing will remain. The typical yellow excrement is also a good indication of feeding activity.
The introduction rates of this product should be adjusted to the mode of action of the product and the results that can be expected in the crop where the product is applied. Your local Koppert consultant or recognized distributor will be able to advise you further.
Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements.
Koppert Biological Systems can not be held liable for unauthorized use.
Please contact your local consultant for further application information.